Thursday, May 8, 2008

Warm Fuzzies

I went to bed last night to the sound of downpouring rain. This might depress some people, but I just happen to LOVE the sound of rain on my window!! Lee had been fussy earlier that evening, so he was sleeping soundly by the time I was ready to go to bed, so I got to just lay there and enjoy the soft pitter patter of the rain.
This morning I knew that I had to go grocery shopping. It is a real hassle for me to go grocery shopping, so every two weeks I come up with a meal plan for those two weeks and then I go grocery shopping. It takes me about 3 hours to get it done, but I only have to do it twice a month. Well, when I got everyone ready to go, I noticed that it was still raining. I was so excited because with rain comes PUDDLES! I know that I am almost 30 years old and so I shouldn't still be getting so excited about puddles, but I do!! The best thing is when there is a HUGE puddle and you are coasting along in the van and you go right through the middle of it and is makes a HUGE spray!!! The kids and I love to go through those so much that I ask them if it would be okay if I could turn around and go through it again. I haven't had any objections so far! And the kids get SOOOOO excited when they see that it is raining because they know that mom will be on the lookout for the biggest puddles!!
Okay, so I finally got to the grocery store and got all of my shopping done, and when I came out it was foggy! And not just a bit of fog, but so foggy that I couldn't go faster then 50 km/hr on the road. (That is PAINFULLY slow for me!!!) Again, most people would complain, but not me. I was sitting in my car, grinning the whole way home. Why? Well because to me, the fog is just like a big, blanket. It seems to make everything seem smaller and more cozy. I love to hang around my house and drink herbal tea, sit in my pj's and read a good book. To me the fog and the rain feel like warm fuzzies flowing all through my body.
So, while the sun isn't shining today, I say we should all take a bit of a break, have a nice long bath, get into our pj's and curl up with a good book! What do you say?

2 comments:

Lahni said...

Ha ha! I love to drive through big puddles too! I've never thought about turning around and doing it again...good idea!

Anonymous said...

I say I would love to be able to take time in my day to wear pyjamas and cuddle up with a warm drink, but my boss wouldn't be too happy(especially with the pyjamas).