Sunday, May 25, 2008

Me and my boys

So Otto went out of town this weekend with my Grandpa Bennion to help him drive back Grandpa's RV. I had a catering job to do this weekend, and so because of this, my Grandma Bennion has had my girlies sleep over at her house all weekend. I was so excited for them to be able to do this because I remember when I used to have sleep overs at my Grandma Bennion's house. She always did something special with me and I always felt as though there was someone who understood me. I remember that I would fall asleep feeling so loved and content. . . I know that my girlies are having the same experience.
Because of this, I am having a fun time being at home with just my two little guys. It has been fun to be here with just the two boys. Dustin and I have watched some DVD's, played computer games, cleaned, played games and just had some fun times together. It has been a weird feeling only having two kids at home. It is alot quieter and I am able to get the house cleaned without having it undone almost instantly. I have been enjoying playing with my two little guys so much, but it is weird knowing that not everyone is at home. Dustin couldn't be happier!! He has LOVED having special mommy time. And even though it has been nice to have some peace and quiet and get some things done, I have missed having my girlies and my husband. It just isn't the same to not have Abby watching Hannah Montana, or Anne playing Webkinz World, or Caroline telling me something cheeky. I can't wait until next weekend when we get to spend lots of time as a family and we get to have lots of fun with my cousins!
One of the things that I love about having a large family is doing things together. There is always someone to hang out with and someone to talk to. I love being able to go for walks together as a family and to play games in the evenings together. I love it when we go on trips and each child likes something different about the trip. I can't wait until we go to San Diego this summer because I just know that my kids are going to have SO MUCH FUN!!
So, even though it has been nice to spend some time with my two little handsoms, I can't wait until my Big Guy and my girlies come home!

1 comments:

Emily Busath Murdock said...

So what is your secret? I only have two at home but as soon as I clean something, it gets undone. It just isn't fair! ;(