Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Another day . . . Another tree NOT Decorated!

So, I guess by the title you can figure out that we didn't end up decorating the tree last night. Turns out that Otto had to go help a friend move some furniture and then he did some tutoring. The kids were a bit disappointed at first, but I mean we do have 4 other trees already decorated in our house. Otto keeps on trying to convince me that 4 decorated trees are enough and we don't need the 5th one. Maybe he is right! I am just a bit frustrated that it still isn't done though, especially because I know how much Dustin will love the bubble lights on that tree.
Today, the calendar said to decorate Christmas Cupcakes! YAY! Okay, I will admit that it actually said to open a present (which was supposed to be the Tinkerbell movie) but I didn't have time to go pick up the movie or wrap it, and I just happened to have a ton of icing and decorations left over from our cookie decorating at the ward party on Friday. So, cupcake decorating it is! I am thrilled that the kids got so excited when they found out! I am especially thrilled because I won't be here to endure the mess because I will be shopping with my mom. . . .so it will be a win/win situation for all of us!

2 comments:

Lahni said...

So it's been forever since I've actually visited your blog, because I read all my blogs on google reader. I don't know when you changed it up but it's super cute!
I hope you get that tree decorated before Christmas!

Ashley Dawn said...

Sounds awesome!! Our calendar (which is essentially the same as yours) ran out of ideas and wasn't following through on the ones we had. Sigh, maybe next year I'll be more on top of things. I remember when I was a teenager almost every other day was a CGC event. I'm SO glad that's not all my Christmas season anymore...