Monday, December 8, 2008

Watch a Christmas Movie


I thought that maybe I should post a pic of our advent calendar since I have been talking about it so much. The great thing about it is that I was the one who was able to put the activities into the calendar and so I was able to plan it around our busy schedule (well except for the Christmas tree decorating. . . .). So today the calendar says to watch a Christmas movie. . . aka. mom is teaching a class tonight so dad and the kids need to do something quick and easy. I mean Who doesn't love a good Christmas movie??? We now own most of the classics like "How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman 1 and Frosty the Snowman 2 (yes there was a sequel), Muppets Christmas, Muppets Christmas Carol. . . and of course My Little Pony Christmas and Disney Princess Christmas, and Bell's Christmas."
I always used to like watching "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" every year with my family and so it was the first Christmas movie Otto and I bought when we got married. It is also the movie that I will make the family watch tonight to remind them that presents are just a fun part of Christmas but it is not the real reason that we celebrate the holiday!

2 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

That's awesome! Here's to great Christmas Movies!!

Lahni said...

I taped Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer for the boys and had them watch it while I was doing some sewing. I forgot how creepy and strange that movie is. I asked I. if he liked it and he said "Ummm.....yeah?"