Sunday, December 7, 2008

Decorate the Christmas Tree???






The pics above are from our chocolate decorating that we did yesterday! It was pretty fun, but the girls started to fool around too much after awhile so I kind of spent the last hour of chocolate making yelling at the girls to get it done! Oh well, sometimes things run more smoothly in my head then they do in real life!!
Today the calendar said to decorate the Christmas Tree. . . however, we leant our Christmas Tree to our Activities Committee for our ward party on Friday night, and they had forgotten to tell me that we were, in fact, lending the tree for both our ward party and 3rd ward's party. I wasn't too pleased when I had gotten out all of my Christmas decorations and went to grab the tree and I didn't have it!!! I called the Activity Committee Chairperson and they informed me of the two wards sharing the decorations and told me that the tree would be picked up from the Stake Centre tonight. When I asked whether or not I needed to pick my tree up from someone after they had gotten it from the Stake Center or if it would be dropped off at my house, the CHAIRPERSON hadn't really thought about it and would call me later today.
So. . . I am now really frustrated because there is no other day that we can decorate this LAST tree, and I have a bunch of disappointed kids because they can't do what the calendar said to do.
Later on this afternoon we are going to go to Anne's piano recital and then to my parent's house for dinner. . . . maybe I can convince the kids that that will be more fun than decorating the tree!!! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Good luck. It's frustrating when things don't go as planned. I was super glad to hear that you ended up yelling at your kids. I find making cookies the same way. It's just too frustrating by the end and I'm all frazzled and it's just not the "Mormon Ad" commercial picture that I was planning on. Sigh. Good luck with your Christmas Tree...that kinda stinks. At least there are others in your house. That's good...

Jamie said...

Looks like both your advent calender activities and projects are going about as well as mine!

The Mom said...

Ohhh - yummmy! Hee hee - I know about the yelling at the end of an activity. Wish us luck - we're having friends over to make graham cracker gingerbread houses today :) That's always fun :)

Love your pics - miss you and your kiddies sooo much - give them our love!