Wednesday, December 24, 2008

This is it!

Well, this is it!!! This is the most wonderful day in the entire year . . . .followed closely by tomorrow of course! I have always loved Christmas Eve! I look forward to it every year. Why? Well I love the excitement and the fun and the laughter that comes with Christmas Eve every year!
We have some great family traditions for Christmas Eve, which I think is part of the reason that I love it so much! This year we are going to be going to my mom'a house for dinner with my Uncle Garry's family. After dinner we will act out the Nativity and then have our yearly family talent show. Abby wants to sing a duet with me that she learned in choir, Anne is going to play the piano and Caroline and Dustin are going to be singing Jingle bells complete with actual Jingle Bells!
Part of the talent show will include the song, Mary's Lullaby and the Angel's Carol. I will also be giving my Grandma Lee a special present that I have been working on for a few months tonight. It is a memorial book about my Grandpa Lee. I am so excited to give her this gift and I know that she will love it!
After that, my cousins will go home and we will be staying at my mom's house. We will open our Christmas Eve PJ's (yes, Otto and I will get some too) and then we will read the nice box and enjoy some cookies and punch. After that we will write a letter to Santa, put out stockings and put the kiddies to bed. Once the kids are in bed we will do some of the traditions that I did growing up.
We will carry out the presents and put them under the tree. We will then each do a recap of our year for the video camera. My sisters will then have the option of going to bed and Otto and I will put out the stockings and Santa will come for the kiddies!
I just LOVE Christmas Eve! I love the excitement and the anticipation for Christmas Day that accompanies Christmas Eve. I love how magical it is for my children and how excited they are going to be tomorrow when they see what Santa has brought them! There is nothing more magical to me than watching a child on Christmas morning!
So Merry Christmas to all of my dear friends and family! I hope that your holidays are wonderful and magical and I will be thinking of you and missing you (if I don't see you) this Christmas season!

3 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Wow, your Christmas Eve sounds exactly like mine. We always have a blast. I hope your Grandma loved that book. I'm sure it was super special. Hope your Christmas was wonderfully Merry. I love this season...

The Mom said...

Hope you had the most wonderful Christmas, Megan :) Interesting that your kids don't participate in the present parade - I guess that makes it even more exciting to see everything on Christmas morning!!

Hope you continue to have a wonderful holiday!!!

Mandy said...

We get P.J's too on Christmas eve! It's a great tradition. That was a wonderful thing you did for your Grandma Lee. Memory books are alwyas a great gift.