Monday, December 22, 2008

I can't wait for Christmas!!!

Now that the kids are home from school, I keep on asking Otto. . . is it Christmas yet? There are only 2 days left to go on our big green advent calendar and I can hardly wait! This year we are going to be sleeping over at my parent's house and so yesterday we took all of our presernts over there. With the kids home from school, my Christmas shopping all finished and wrapped and 2 days left until Christmas Eve, I can hardly stand the wait!!! I think that I am going to go crazy with excitement.
I don't think that it helped that I was able to see most of my cousins last night. I mean, Christmas just isn't Christmas unless I get to hang out with my cousins! It was so much fun to joke around and play with my cousins kind of like we all used to do on Christmas Eves while we were growing up! What a blast!!! It just got me soooo excited for Christmas.
Today on the calendar, it said to take some toys to Toy Mountain. For those of you who do not live in Calgary, Toy Mountain is a charity thing where people donate new, unwrapped toys to the poor children and it creates this huge mountain of toys. Every year we try to do some sort of service project for someone less fortunate and so we have decided to donate these toys this year. I hope that it can teach the children to look for different ways to help other people instead of worrying about themselves all of the time. We'll see!
All I can say though is . . . is it Christmas yet????

0 comments: