Friday, December 5, 2008

Go to the Ward Christmas Party






That's what the calendar said to do today. So, I won't actually have pictures of this event until it is over which I will try to post tomorrow. However, I do have pictures of some of my nativities!
Ever since I can remember, my mom has collected nativity scenes. When I was 12 I decided (with the help of my mom) that I would like to start collecting nativity scenes too. And so it started. Every year I would add on a new nativity scene. Then when I got married, I started being able to sometimes 2 or 3 new ones. And so today the nativity scene count stands at 46. This year I had bought 2 from Mexico when we went down to San Diego. My favorite Mexican nativity scene is the one that is made out of paper.
I am always on the lookout for unique nativity scenes! So, at Christmas time, and all throughout the year, whenever I go anywhere I always do a quick check to see if there are any Nativity Scenes that I can buy. My friends have picked up on this and they have helped me get some pretty cool nativity scenes throughout the years.
I can see that this tradition has already caught on with my own kiddies because whenever I start to decorate the house, they always beg me to help me put out the nativity scenes. I always let them because what better reminder is there about the true meaning of Christmas then looking at the baby Jesus?

2 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

I have a few around the house - mostly kid friendly ones. I'd really like to get some awesome ones going too though...
Oh, and where did you get that whole set with the carvings? I have the wisemen, but nothing else.

The Mom said...

Ohh - lovin' your nativities! You do have a lot :) I have about 20 - but we also collect snow globes, nutcrackers, and advent calendars - and apparently annoyingly stupid Christmas musical toys :) We found the stupidest one for your Dad this year - it's too bad we got him that Pull My Finger Santa - nothing will ever be able to top that ;)

Hope your ward party was soooo fun!!!!