Saturday, December 6, 2008

Make Chocolates

Ever since I got married I have had the tradition of making chocolates at Christmas time. I thought that this would be a tradition that my kids would love to participate in when they got older. Well, now they are older and this will be the first year that they are going to be able to help me. In November, I had my sister Jenna come over and we made all of the fondant so today the kids and I will just be dipping chocolate and making chocolate truffles, white chocolate truffles, white chocolate raspberry truffles, ferrero rochets, peanut butter cups and crunchie bars. I figured between those and the cherry, strawberry, orange, lemon, vanilla, maple walnut, amaretto, and rum and butter fondants, the boxes of chocolates will have a variety of chocolates and hopefully some that everyone will like. I will try to take pictures of the chocolates as we make them so hopefully I can add those pics tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

WOW. I'm useless. I've never made a chocolate in my life. Maybe you'll be able to teach me one day...

The Mom said...

WHAT - no caramels and nougats? Those are my favs!!! I can pass on all those other flavored ones - well - except for the truffles :) Sounds like so much fun - can't wait to see pictures!!!