Thursday, December 4, 2008

Decorate Rooms






Today the calendar said to decorate our rooms. Well, the kids' rooms aren't clean so they have been told that they can't decorate their rooms until they clean them first. So, I think that tonight be "clean your room" day and then tomorrow will be decorate your room day.
You may think to yourselves. . . what is there to decorate in the kids' rooms??? Well, each room does have their own Christmas tree. This is yet another tradition that I inherited from my mother. We all had our own Christmas trees and every year we got new ornaments to put onto them. That way when we left home we already had a Christmas tree and it's decorations to put up in our new places. The tree that I had was my mom's old tree. It is made out of silver aluminum and it has always been my favorite tree. Even though I have changed the decorations on it and given it to Caroline, every time I see it I think of my mom.
The other tree that means a lot to me is my memorial tree in my piano room. It is all gold and cream and just about everything on it represents something.
Angels - represent my angel baby
Butterflies - the symbol of miscarried and stillborn babies
Birds - my symbol for Robin
Feather - symbol for the feather's off of an angel's wing, and reminds me of my Aunt Linda (my Uncle Doug gave me this ornament)
Gold - reminds me that my little baby is worth more to me than gold
white - symbol of innocence and purity.
I DID clean the room that I was supposed to decorate and I decorated it in November, so I have put up those pictures! You will see my memorial tree on here. This is both my most favorite tree and the hardest thing for me to look at. I feel so many mixed emotions when I look at this tree. However, I am so glad that I have created this small reminder of my sweet little Robin so that we can think about her every Christmas!

0 comments: